When we are open
9am – 6pm weekdays
How to order a repeat prescription
Repeat prescriptions are usually for patients requiring regular treatment for a certain condition.
Prescriptions are initiated by the GP or Advanced Nurse prescriber.
Requests for repeat prescriptions are accepted Monday to Friday in the following ways:
1. Online – https://www.patientaccess.com/
2. Please contact our Receptionist or Dispenser and request online access for repeat prescriptions, requesting patient only, we need a valid email address.
3. Once you have received your email to register for online, please download the PATIENT ACCESS APP or type in PATIENT ACCESS in your computer and follow the instructions. https://www.patientaccess.com
By telephone – please call the surgery telephone number 01889 590208 between 11am and 12:30pm and a trained medical receptionist will be able to take your request.
4. Prescriptions are ready for collection from the Dispensary after 2 FULL WORKING DAYS of your request.
5. Mill View Surgery operates a 28 day repeat prescribing policy.
6. Please do not order your medication more than 1 WEEK before it is due.
7. Should you require extra mediation or you are in short supply then please speak to the Dispensary Team.
Prescription charges and exemptions
Most adults in England have to pay prescription charges.
Some items are always free, including contraceptives and medicines prescribed for hospital inpatients.
The current prescription charge is £9.35 per item.
A prescription prepayment certificate (PPC) could save you money on NHS prescription costs:
Register online for repeat prescriptions
Please contact our Receptionist or Dispenser and request online access for repeat prescriptions, this needs to be done by the requesting patient only, we require a valid email address.