Non NHS Services
Private Work Fees
Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (HGV, PSV etc.)
- Insurance claim forms
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Vaccination certificates
The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them along with appointment availability.
Not all services provided by the surgery are available under the NHS. Where non-NHS items are requested, a fee may be payable.
- Access to medical records(computer or paper based, no copies required): £10
- Access to and copies of medical records: maximum of £50
- Private prescription: £10 + cost of medication
- Private sicknote: £25
- Rabies and other travel vaccinations: Please discuss with the nurse.
- Full medical examination and report(includes but is not limited to HGV, Taxi, pilot, employment medicals, council reports): £110
- Full medical examination and report(includes but is not limited to diabetic certification, seat belt excemptions): £180
- Private medical insurance claim forms(claim forms, including letters of confirmation or other forms of certification): £25 simple, £50 complex.
- Report prepared from medical records(without examination): £55
- Holiday cancellation certificates: £40
- Fitness to travel (with examination): £100
- Fitness to travel (certificate only): £40
- Vaccination certificate: £20
If you require something that is not on the list, please enquire at reception.